[Pulp-list] Pulp and AMQP-SSL ports

Lukas Zapletal lzap+fed at redhat.com
Mon Jun 25 11:05:53 UTC 2012

Hello,

we are changing default QPIDD port number in Katello and we noticed the
root of this number is in Pulp (copy&paste error :-)

The default IANA assigned ports for AMQP are:

# grep amqp /etc/services
amqps           5671/tcp                # amqp protocol over TLS/SSL
amqps           5671/udp                # amqp protocol over TLS/SSL
amqp            5672/tcp                # AMQP
amqp            5672/udp                # AMQP
amqp            5672/sctp               # AMQP

Both those ports are configured with SELinux properly in RHEL6:

# semanage port -l |grep 5671
amqp_port_t                    tcp      5671, 5672
amqp_port_t                    udp      5671, 5672

Pulp use correct 5672, but documentation recommends to use 5674 when
configuring SSL, which seems not to be correct. Pulp selinux RPM
also configures this port as amqp_port_t. When IANA port is used, this
would not be necessary anymore. Please do

# git grep 5674

to see all occurrences of it.

LZ

--