[Pulp-list] Developer setup for plugins/extensions

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 19:17:32 UTC 2012

The pulp-dev script has been updated to create symlinks for server-side
plugins and client-side extensions. The script is idempotent, so there
shouldn't be a problem running it with --install just to double check
that you have everything properly installed.

The relevant parts start on line 79. So try to remember that if you add
a new plugin, type definition file, or extension, you need to add an
entry there. You should also e-mail the team as a courtesy so they know
to re-run pulp-dev.py --install.

Our setup.py has also been updated with the pulp-v2-admin script. Make
sure you run that again to get that script installed in bin.

I'll be honest, I didn't make these changes to pulp-dev and haven't
tested them. But I noticed they were checked in and wanted everyone to
know they exist. You should now be able to run the v2 client and yum
plugins without a dozen manual steps.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp