[Pulp-list] Minor usability problem with stale cached login credentials

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 12:18:15 UTC 2012

I forget if I told you, but the set_progress method in the conduit has
been wired up to the tasking subsystem and repo sync has been made to be
an asynchronous call. I'd point you to docs on it, but it's so recently
added that we haven't written them yet. Here's a quick rundown:

Check out the bottom of
https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/CoordinatorProgrammingGuide The call
report is what's returned from the REST call when you trigger an
asynchronous task.

Inside of there, the progress field will contain what your importer
specified the last time it called set_progress.

I'm pretty sure that the REST serialized call report contains an href
back into the server to request an updated version of the call report.
My code is assembling that URL using '/v2/tasks/%s/' and substituting in
task_id. I poll until the state field is one of the three completed
states: finished, error, cancelled. FYI, suspended is listed on that
page but not current in use.

This stuff should be in the current QE build
(http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/dev/testing/, build
0.277). Sorry for the really thin overview, if you have more questions
don't hesitate to ask.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp