[Pulp-list] Minor usability problem with stale cached login credentials

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 05:33:59 UTC 2012

On 03/23/2012 10:18 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:
> I forget if I told you, but the set_progress method in the conduit has
> been wired up to the tasking subsystem and repo sync has been made to be
> an asynchronous call. I'd point you to docs on it, but it's so recently
> added that we haven't written them yet. Here's a quick rundown:
>
> Check out the bottom of
> https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/CoordinatorProgrammingGuide The call
> report is what's returned from the REST call when you trigger an
> asynchronous task.
>
> Inside of there, the progress field will contain what your importer
> specified the last time it called set_progress.
>
> I'm pretty sure that the REST serialized call report contains an href
> back into the server to request an updated version of the call report.
> My code is assembling that URL using '/v2/tasks/%s/' and substituting in
> task_id. I poll until the state field is one of the three completed
> states: finished, error, cancelled. FYI, suspended is listed on that
> page but not current in use.
>
> This stuff should be in the current QE build
> (http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/pulp/pulp/dev/testing/, build
> 0.277). Sorry for the really thin overview, if you have more questions
> don't hesitate to ask.

That sounds promising. For the moment I'm just using Build 0.267 with a
httpd based workaround for sync log access while a job is still running,
and I will probably stay with that approach for PulpDist 0.1.0, but
updating Pulp and replacing my current workaround with something more
robust based on set_progress() is very high on the todo list for 0.2.0.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Engineering Operations, Brisbane