[Pulp-list] Agent handlers moved

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Mon May 28 00:42:20 UTC 2012

On 05/26/2012 05:34 AM, Jay Dobies wrote:
> On 05/24/2012 10:26 PM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> On 05/25/2012 07:24 AM, Jeff Ortel wrote:
>>> Agent handlers moved to:
>>>
>>> /etc/pulp/agent/handler/
>>> /usr/lib/pulp/agent/handler/
>>>
>>> If running out of git - please run:
>>>
>>> # python pulp-dev.py -I'
>>> # rm -rf /etc/pulp/handler
>>> # rm -rf /usr/lib/pulp/handler
>>> # service goferd restart
>>
>> Is there a summary anywhere of the major changes involved in moving from
>> developing against Pulp v1 (technically, 0.0.267) to the current trunk?
>> It's OK if there isn't - I knew what I was letting myself in for when I
>> started building the initial version of PulpDist against the alpha
>> version of the v2 APIs.
>>
>> Still, I'll hopefully be embarking on that upgrade soon, so any pointers
>> would be helpful.
>>

> Not really. You're bleeding edge enough that we don't have migration
> from early-v2 to slightly-later-v2  :)

No worries, I figured that would be the case. I'm looking forward to
being able to delete (or at least deprecate) a bunch of workarounds

> The API docs are pretty up to date though and should be fairly useful:
> http://pulpproject.org/v2/rest-api/
>
> I know you're writing your own front end but if you're interested the
> user guide is coming along but not yet fully up to speed with current
> functionality:
> http://pulpproject.org/v2/rpm-user-guide/

One of my aims with the upgrade will actually be to throw away as much
of my custom CLI as I can. I only wrote it because the v1 Pulp CLI was
understandably focused on handling v1 repos with minimal generic content
support.

Is it still the plan to support custom CLI plugins for v2 (as described
at https://fedorahosted.org/pulp/wiki/GCCLI?

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane