[Pulp-list] How to write migrations for an external Pulp package

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 01:24:20 UTC 2012

On 11/02/2012 10:25 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:
> On 11/02/2012 05:22 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
>> On 11/01/2012 11:28 PM, Randy Barlow wrote:
>>> This will be officially documented soon, but feel free to ask any
>>> questions you may have about this in the meantime.
>>
>> Dare I hope that we may one day see a similar scheme for registering
>> importer and distributor plugins? :)
>
> It's already there, using python's entry point concept in setup.py.
> It'll be in our developer guide when we finish it up, but Mike can give
> you more details in the interim (or you can look at
> https://github.com/pulp/pulp_puppet/tree/master/pulp_puppet_plugins
> which does this already).

Cool. It's likely going to be a while before we get the free dev cycles
to do the 1.x -> 2.x migration in PulpDist, but I'm definitely looking
forward to dropping assorted somewhat ugly workarounds once we do.

The upside of working against the alpha APIs is that a lot of my
complaints were addressed in the officially supported APIs. The downside
is that the stuff I wrote against the alpha APIs needs to be ported
before we can upgrade :)

> Send your warm fuzzies to Mike Hrivnak for this  :)

Hmm, no emoticon for warm fuzzies, so a "Huzzah!" will have to do: \o/

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane

Python Applications Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/)
GlobalSync Development Lead (http://pulpdist.readthedocs.org)