[Pulp-list] Developers: Action Required: The migration that pulp_rpm now has, and what it means for devs

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 15:09:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:26:28 -0500, Randy Barlow <rbarlow at redhat.com>
wrote:
> If you are a developer and you wish to apply this migration, you will
> need to take the following steps:
>
> 1) $ pulp-manage-db
>
> 2) $ mongo pulp_database
>
> 3) > db.migration_trackers.update({'name': 'pulp_rpm.migrations'},
> {'$set': {'version': 0}})
>
> 4) $ pulp-manage-db

I forgot to mention that there is another step that you need to do before
all of this, step 0. You must reinstall the pulp_rpm project using its
setup.py so that the entry point gets setup correctly on your system. If
pulp-manage-db doesn't show "Migration package pulp_rpm.migrations is up
to date at version 1" when it runs, then the pulp_rpm migrations were not
applied.

--
Randy Barlow