[Pulp-list] slightly off topic and cross posted: setting up apache+passenger for puppet

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 18:10:03 UTC 2012

pardon the off topic cross post, was told it would hurt to ask both
group and since katello/pulp is the main reason (from my
understanding) that passenger finally made its way into fedora/epel I
figured you guys were the best people to ask.

So i was updating my 'apache+passenger+puppet' walk through [1] to
utilize the new epel passenger package and there is a set of steps I
wonder if there is a 'better' way to do.  From my write up it
specifically states:

Create rack directory structure

    mkdir -p /usr/share/puppet/rack/puppetmasterd/{public,tmp}

Copy config.ru fromthe puppet source dir

    cp /usr/share/puppet/ext/rack/files/config.ru
/usr/share/puppet/rack/puppetmasterd/

Set permissions on the previous items

    chown -R puppet: /usr/share/puppet/rack/puppetmasterd/

Is there a 'better' way/path/etc?

thanks

-greg

[1] http://nytefyre.net/2012/10/puppet-via-apache-using-passenger-from-epel/