[Pulp-list] Python Module Header

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 13:59:39 UTC 2012

Not only are people using different headers, but some people are
changing existing headers when they edit a file. It's not a technical
problem but ends up being noise in the pull request.

The main point of contention seems to be the utf-8 encoding. I'm
guessing the rationale there is that PEP-8 says not to do that for
python 2. It's not buying us much outside of the copyright symbol in the
header itself; there's nowhere in the code otherwise (that I've seen)
that uses utf-8 characters.

I really don't care what decision we make. I'll update PyCharm to throw
it in and not think about it. But let's decide on one so we don't have
all the noise in pull requests of one developer changing what another
initially put.

Cast your votes on what to use and we'll go with the majority.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp