[Pulp-list] WSGI processes / threads optimal?

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Fri Apr 12 14:23:17 UTC 2013

The WSGI app that comes with Pulp serves the REST API only, and it is important that it run in only one process. It may be appropriate to use more than 8 threads, so feel free to tune that. The REST API is generally expected to be pretty low-traffic, mostly just handling requests from the "pulp-admin" command line tool.

There is one other WSGI app, and it is not limited to one process. It is in Puppet plugins and provides a PuppetForge-like API for dependency resolution.

Otherwise, static content is served directly by Apache. RPM content served over HTTPS uses a WSGIAccessScript to provide optional authorization, but that script runs with the global config options, so you cannot tune it directly.

Michael