[Pulp-list] Exclude packages or package groups from repo sync

Christina Plummer cplummer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 19:26:11 UTC 2013

I can confirm that I was able to remove an RPM from a repo created from
copied content, rather than synced content.  I agree that the feedback
needs to be more clear here.

In relation to my bug on SRPMs, I noticed that even when I mistyped the
--repo-id, or provided a package name that didn't exist, it always gave the
exact same feedback:

Progress on this task can be viewed using the commands under "repo tasks".

And the task details showed as "Successful".

Possibly related - I tried to copy a SRPM from one repo (populated from an
external feed) to another repo (populated from a curated internal repo
"feed") to see if I could then delete it.  However, the copy itself did not
work.  It similarly showed the same task message as above and the same
"Successful" result, even though the SRPM was not copied.  Is it also not
possible to copy RPM/SRPMs into a repo that has a feed?  Can I modify the
repo and remove the feed URL after the initial sync in order to allow me to
manage it manually from that point forward?

I'll add these details to the bug (1034978).  Still I have my original
problem of not being able to filter out SRPMS on sync (BZ 1004001), or
remove them after sync.

Thanks,
Christina