[Pulp-list] Client (V2) does not create admin.conf

Jay Dobies jason.dobies at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 14:12:44 UTC 2013

On 01/21/2013 05:35 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I have found that client does not prepare a default admin.conf file in
> the ~/.pulp directory.

 > Because when I tried to connect to localhost (default behaviour), my SSL
 > CERT hostname did not match it and the client was refusing to work:

Tell me more about your expectations here. That's meant to act as an
override in the event you don't want to edit the installed
/etc/pulp/admin/admin.conf file. It's not, strictly speaking, required.

You say "prepare" a default in ~/.pulp, but I'm not sure what that looks
like. Are you suggesting something like the first time you launch
pulp-admin it drops a skeleton in ~/.pulp?

Even if we dropped a default in ~/.pulp, there's no way to know what
your server's SSL cert CN is, so we wouldn't be able to auto populate
that. There'd still be the manual user step of changing that value in
~/.pulp, which is covered in our user guide:

http://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/pulp-2.0/installation.html#admin-client

> # pulp-admin login --username admin --password admin
> The server hostname configured on the client did not match the name
> found in the
> server's SSL certificate. The client attempted to connect to
> [localhost.localdomain] but the server returned [aa.lan] as its
> hostname. The
> expected hostname can be changed in the client configuration file.
>
> I was looking around where to set it, had to dig in the git :-)

Check the user guide link above, that should cover everything you're
looking for.

--
Jay Dobies
Freenode: jdob @ #pulp