[Pulp-list] Repo Sync Filters

Jake Davis jake at imapenguin.com
Mon Jul 1 14:05:50 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I'd like to "clone" a repository and then sync from the origin while
applying a filter. For example, let's say I have a repo called "upstream"
which will serve as the origin. I'd like to create a new repo called
"testing" that pulls everything from upstream with the exception of rpms
that match "kernel-*". Is such a workflow currently supported in pulp
(2.1)? If so, what's the best way to achieve it? Create an empty repo with
no --feed and use copy operations? Or create a repo whose --feed url is
that of my local copy of "upstream"?

Thanks,
-Jake