[Pulp-list] Pulp with minimum complexity

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 21:44:26 UTC 2013

Apologies in advance for the trollish-sounding question.

Is there a way to use pulp in trivial/basic usage of having a
controlled mirror of an http-served yum repo, serving http yum
clients... and using a much simpler setup?

(By 'controlled mirror' I mean that updates aren't mirrored in
automatically; an admin chooses whether to update the mirror whole or
selected packages.)

Pulp has the simple CLI that I am looking for; but it also has some
scary dependencies. I came expecting Python and repos served by plain
old apache... and found boost, qpid and mongodb.

In other words, are boost, qpid and mongodb core dependencies? Is
there a way to have it simple, understandable, trivially debuggable?

(In past job @ OLPC I have met similar needs with scripts that used
git internally so we could roll back to a known repo. Perhaps I should
like mrepo and some scripting around it?)

thanks in advance,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 -  ask interesting questions
 ~ http://docs.moodle.org/en/User:Martin_Langhoff