[Pulp-list] Pulp with minimum complexity

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Fri Jul 5 18:42:49 UTC 2013

Martin,

Mongo is a hard requirement. Pulp cannot function without it. However, it requires no configuration on your part.

qpid is theoretically optional, for now (that's likely to change in the somewhat-distant future). If you don't use the "consumer" management features of pulp and don't use the amqp "event listener" feature, pulp won't use qpid. So you can just install it and forget it.

boost isn't actually a dependency. It used to be a dependency only for building qpid for centos 5, but we no longer support running the server portion of pulp on RHEL 5 or centos 5. Thanks for noticing this; I've made a note to remove the portion of our documentation about building qpid.

In general, I think pulp can be a good fit for a simple use case like yours. The installation instructions can look a bit daunting, but I think it's mostly because we were very thorough. You can ignore the consumer section completely.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Michael Hrivnak