[Pulp-list] Issues with Pulp

Claer claer at claer.hammock.fr
Tue Jun 18 15:15:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

Thanks for taking time to answer some of my questions!

On Tue, Jun 18 2013 at 51:10, Randy Barlow wrote:
> Hi Claer,
>
> I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but I have quoted
> a few below that I will respond to in line.
>
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 05:41:55 -0400, Claer <claer at claer.hammock.fr> wrote:
[...]
> >- Copying rpm of erratas form a repository to another leads to no
> >RPM in the
> >  destination directory :
> >
> ># pulp-admin rpm repo create --repo-id "RHEL5-updates-x86_64" --feed=https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/5/5Server/x86_64/os
> >--relative-url=RHEL5-updates-x86_64 --proxy-url=http://127.0.0.1
> >--proxy-port=8080 --feed-ca-cert=/etc/rhsm/ca/redhat-uep.pem
> >--feed-cert=/etc/pki/entitlement/1111111111111111111.pem
> >--feed-key=/etc/pki/entitlement/1111111111111111111-key.pem
> ># pulp-admin rpm repo sync run --repo-id "RHEL5-updates-x86_64"
> ># pulp-admin rpm repo create --repo-id
> >RHEL5-security-updates-x86_64
> >--relative-url=RHEL5-security-updates-x86_64
> ># pulp-admin rpm repo copy errata --copy-children true
> >--from-repo-id RHEL5-updates-x86_64 --to-repo-id
> >RHEL5-security-updates-x86_64
>
> There is a --recursive flag that you should pass to the copy
> command. I think this is has been a stumbling block for other users
> as well, so perhaps we should consider making the recursive flag
> default to true.
I tried to add the --recursive flag on my 2.1 install with no luck.
the destination repository is still empty. I try to upgrade to beta
if I have time this week before giving you another update.

> >- schedule a publishing
> >  # pulp-admin rpm repo publish schedules not available
>
> The backend does support publish scheduling, but our CLI does not
> yet have support for it. It's on our backlog. If you need this
> functionality, it is possible to write your own script to schedule
> publishing through our API.
I can go over this little issue by writing few pulp-admin commands to
the crontab. It is not crucial but I just wanted to share all the
problems I went over to improve the software.

> >- after updating a repo for --serve-http(s) true|false you need to
> >publish it,
> >  even with autopublish
>
> The autopublish flag only applies to the sync operation - perhaps we
> could be more clear about that in our documentation and help texts.
>
> >Shall I switch to beta pulp to be able to solve some or all issues
> >I'm getting ?
> >Did I misunderstood something?
>
> I skipped a lot of your questions about consumer groups because I am
> not personally familiar with our features in that area. However, I
> do believe our upcoming 2.2.0 release will have a lot of
> improvements in this area. I'll let someone else from the team
> comment about that, but if you are willing to try out our beta
> release you might find better support in that area.
>
> Thanks for checking out Pulp, and I hope I was able to help you!
You were :)

I'll try to switch to beta and try to report back later this week.
Thanks for your time !

Regards,

Claer