[Pulp-list] Problem with Certificates.

Steven Roberts strobert at strobe.net
Mon Mar 11 19:25:35 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 05:19:35AM -0800, Henri Jubin wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed pulp v2 as described in the documention.

greetings, what doc links did you follow, this one:
http://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/pulp-2.0/

or something else?

reason I ask is I have run through those instructions a few times and
I ended up with working setups.

> I was able to create a consumer from the client side as described here:

< consumer details clipped >

> I think a got a messup with the certificate and the documentation does
> not look working properly as i followed from top to botton and it does
> not work.  Can somebody point me to a doc with the inter relation with
> the certificates or tell me how to set it.
>
> Thanks
> Henri

What FQDN do you have for the pulp server cert?  did you set
the hostname in the [server] section in /etc/pulp/server.conf or
did you stick with the default (primary FQDN for the machine)?

and what is the "host" setting under [server] in
/etc/pulp/consumer/consumer.conf?

And if you pull the cert being served up does that name match?

you can use something along the lines of this to pull it:
openssl s_client -connect <your server>:443 | openssl x509 -noout -text | grep Subject
(you will need to ctrl-c the command to end it)

the CN= filed shows the common name and should match what is in your
configs above.

also, are the times in sync between the two machines?

Steve

P.S. I'm a pulp user who did a lot of installs during pulp v2 beta to
help test the release