[Pulp-list] Help around somme commands (multiple questions)

Sayli Karmarkar skarmark at redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 16:35:22 UTC 2013

Henri,

When you ran a consumer group bind with a system as part of the group,
was the bind successful? Did you see any errors in
/var/log/pulp/pulp.log or ~/.pulp/admin.log on the server? If there
aren't any errors in the server logs, you can check
/var/log/gofer/agent.log on the consumer and /etc/yum.repos.d/pulp.repo
to see if the bound repository was successfully added. Here is the
troubleshooting page with a list of pulp related log files and common
issues which might be useful in figuring out what is going on -
https://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/pulp-2.0/troubleshooting.html#

To answer your second question, there isn't a way to know which repos
are bound to a consumer-group, since consumer-group bind is merely a
group operation. Repos are not permanently bound to the consumer group.
For example, if you bind a repo to a consumer group, it is bound to all
the current members of that group. Any members that are added to the
group after this operation are not automatically bound to that repo. You
can check whether a repo was successfully bound to a consumer using
'pulp-admin consumer list' command.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,

On 03/26/2013 07:55 AM, Henri Jubin wrote:
> Hi,
> Can somebody tell me is in the V2.0 Stable the following commands work:
> I create a client system, registered,, the install rpm works but when
> i bind this system in group as a member nothing works.  Is it
> implemented, a bug or ma i wrong ? The commands are :
>
> *
>  pulp-admin rpm consumer group package install --name=k3b
> --consumer-group-id=mygroup
>
>  pulp-admin rpm consumer group package install run --name=k3b
> --consumer-group-id=mygroup
> *
>
> Again is there a way to know wich repos are binded with a consumer-group
>
> Thanks for you answers
> Henri

Sayli Karmarkar

Software Engineer