[Pulp-list] Automating the deployment of pulp-consumer

Steven Roberts strobert at strobe.net
Mon Nov 25 07:08:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 12:21:11AM +0000, Thanandorn Thongsringklee wrote:
> ​I have created very basic version of the config which can create
> repository/consumergroup, add consumer to consumergroup and also bind
> ​repository to consumer.
>
> https://github.com/thanandorn/puppet-pulp
>
> ​You can ​try it out from test Vagrant machines.
>
> $ vagrant up pulp
> $ vagrant up consumer1
>
> Any comment, please let me know.
>
> Tron

took a look at a few of the class/defines...

consumer:
 - admin_passwd.  why not set to 'admin' as a default?  if param isn't
   provided, then undef is used which causes the exec to fail with a
   command line usage error.

 - consumer-id is hardwired.  really should allow it to be passed in
   as an optional param.  and FQDN I think would make a better
   default as it is supposed to be unique across the pulp server.

 - similar with display name, which I would actually have empty as
   default.  thinking it an description might not be bad optional
   params, but not set by default.

 - the 'bind' sub-define looks to be working fairly well.  it doens't
   catch a bad repo-id, but I the pulp command returns 0 in that case
   still.  I sort of recall there being a pulp bug to address that.

admin:
 - admin_passwd, not thinking I like the default of undef

 - It looks like it is forcing an admin password change to use it.
   Not liking that.  I normally deploy the admin client utils on
   more than just the one pulp server itself, so having all of the
   clients try and setup the admin credentials.

 - I don't think it handles when an admin session becomes stale and
   a new login is needed.

Steve