[Pulp-list] Pulp package installation in consumer

joshi dhaval d_joshi84 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 24 16:24:37 UTC 2013

Hello,

if i try it install package using pulp-admin which is not available in repositories bind from pulp, but the package is there in OS repository, how do i disallow package which is not there in binded repository ?

why i want to do this is because, we have some non-root application users who deploy their application package using pulp-admin, and we dont want allow them to install package which is not owned by their repository.

Dont you see it's good idea not use system's yum and copy all yum code to /var/lib/pulp and when we execute pulp-admin.. execute yum coming with pulp rather then using system's default yum ...
that way i guess we can avoid system's yum locked while someone is trying to execute pulp-admin .. and easy to apply updates to yum source packages without affecting system's yum.

Regards.
DJ