[Pulp-list] OAuth key and secret

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Mon Apr 21 13:28:35 UTC 2014

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014 19:02:06 +0000
"Ashby, Jason (IMS)" <AshbyJ at imsweb.com> wrote:
> Quick question regarding the OAuth key and secret when setting up a child node.   Do I just come up with my own keys and secrets for OAuth for the parent and child, or were these generated along the way during the pulp server and/or nodes install and setup steps?

Hi Jason,

I believe that Pulp 2.3's RPM does generate an OAuth key and secret at install time. However, I would advise you to use a longer and more complex key than is generated by the RPM, as it is only 8 characters and only contains upper case letters and numbers. You are free to change the key and secret at any time as you see fit.

We removed this auto generation in Pulp 2.4 in favor of having users be responsible for supplying a sufficiently complex secret.

--
Randy Barlow <rbarlow at redhat.com>