[Pulp-list] Pulp 2.4.0 Has Been Released!

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Sat Aug 9 07:00:05 UTC 2014

The Pulp team is pleased to announce the publishing of our long
anticipated 2.4.0 release!

There are many new exciting features in this release, most notably that
Pulp now uses Celery to perform its asynchronous tasks in a distributed
manner. This is a very exciting feature for the future of Pulp as it
begins to open many scaling and availability opportunities for our users.

You can read more about this release and how you can upgrade to it in
our 2.4 release notes[0]. At the time of publishing, we have not yet
updated Read The Docs to point to our 2.4 branch, so you can use the
"latest" build[1] (which really tracks our master branch on our
repository) to see them until we have the official 2.4 notes up.

Please be sure to pay close attention to the upgrade instructions as
there are many steps and they are all important. A simple "yum update"
will not accomplish all that is required due to the magnitude of change
in this release.

There is one known regression[2] in this release, but it has a simple
workaround and only affects interactive Kickstart installations.

We hope you enjoy and we'd love to hear your feedback here, or in our
#pulp channel on Freenode.

--
With lots of Pulp,

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Pulp Team