[Pulp-list] pulp-manage-dbl sasl negotiation failed

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Mon Dec 1 14:40:15 UTC 2014

Hi Ben,

Here are some thoughts that may help you identify the problem. Migration 0009 tries to connect to the broker, so its likely that Pulp cannot successfully connect to Qpid.

- I typically don't set anything in /etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf. Perhaps that feature is not working as expected. The Qpid docs may also be helpful in getting the configuration of Qpid correct.

- The /etc/qpid/qpidd.conf looks like Qpid should require authentication and use the realm QPID, which looks correct. You can use the trace mode of Qpid to get more info on the output of the client.

- Your broker url uses a protocol handler 'paid'. I expect it to be 'qpid://user:password@localhost/'. If this is actually your broker string then I don't expect it would work.

- I assume your SASL user named 'user' has the password set as 'password' to match the broker string that you gave Pulp.

- Getting the trace output of Qpid will help identify the root cause I believe. Also the Pulp output logs would be good too. You should look in those places for errors.

Brian