[Pulp-list] Questions ISO/Repos

Nelson Manuel Marques nelson-manuel-marques at telecom.pt
Thu Dec 18 16:34:09 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I've successfully managed to install PULP and experimente creating YUM repositories and ISO repositories (this is a part of na evaluation process to replace mrepo with PULP, we don't plan to use more functionality beyond the normal repo mirroring).

For our CentOS stuff, we keep 2 images (per update released, ex: 6.0, 6.1, 6.2 ) with are roughly around 6Gb. What I would like to do is the following:

 1) Create the repositories based on the structure currently used by mrepo (no issues, this is perfectly doable);
 2) Create ISO repositor and populate it with the ISOs (no issues, done);

I'm mirroring Centos5, CentOS6 and CentOS7 (in the future RHEL and Oracle Linux (and always latest fedora for some developers). The structure for YUM repôs I'm using will be something like:

   /pulp/repos/centos/centos6-x86_64
   /pulp/repos/centos/centos6-i386
   /pulp/repos/centos/centos6u1-x86_64
   /pulp/repos/centos/centos6u1-i386
   /pulp/repos/centos/centos6u2-x86_64
   /pulp/repos/centos/centos6u2-i386
   (etc)

Where 'centos6-x86_64' and 'centos6-i386' should be a link to the latest update release (ex: centos6-x86_64 -> centos6u6-x86_64).
Inside every 'release' directory I split in the following (ex: centos6u6-x86_64):

   /pulp/repos/centos/centos6u6-x86_64/RPMS.os                      <- contents of the DVD1
   /pulp/repos/centos/centos6u1-x86_64/RPMS.updates          <- released updates

While I know that I can mount an iso locally and populate that repo from the mounted iso I was wondering if it was possible to use the mounted ISO (loopback) without importing the files into the repo for that specifically (so I could save some space). Is this possible?

Then I would have only to populate the 'RPMS.updates' and synch it.

NM

Nelson Manuel Marques
Administrador de Sistemas - CTE2
nelson-manuel-marques at telecom.pt