[Pulp-list] working directories proposal

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Fri Dec 19 21:19:02 UTC 2014

One problem with /var/tmp/ is that some distros, like RHEL, automatically run tmpwatch to delete files in /var/tmp/ that are older than some amount of time (I think 30 days is typical). If any pulp job needed to copy in old files that retained their atime, and tmpwatch happened to run during that job, those files could get deleted out from underneath pulp.

It would certainly be safer to use a part of the filesystem that doesn't have a separate tool auto-deleting stuff.

Michael