[Pulp-list] [devel] distributed-tasks branch has been merged!

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 22:33:20 UTC 2014

I have just now completed the merging of the distributed-tasks branches in
all three of our pulp repositories. This means that you should remove your
local copies of this branch. It also means that the master branch now has
horizontal scaling abilities never seen before in the world of Pulp!

If you are working on master, you will now need to run Celery on your Pulp
installations. I've documented the process[0], though for now you still
need to use RabbitMQ as the broker until we have Qpid working with Kombu.

May your tasks be distributed, and your web requests be low-latency and
bountiful!

[0]
https://github.com/pulp/pulp/blob/9bacd07e809117a5cb225580a135fdfbc896afca/docs/sphinx/user-guide/release-notes/2.4.x.rst

--