[Pulp-list] pulp under load balancer

Barnaby Court bcourt at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 13:27:41 UTC 2014

Hi,

For Pulp 2.3.x the best solution would be to use Pulp Nodes (https://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/pulp-2.3/nodes.html).  This would provide good support for multiple regions.  In Pulp 2.4.x, currently in beta, we have added the ability to scale out a single pulp installation across multiple servers using a shared filesystem.  This would allow you to set up multiple apache servers running behind a load balancer as well as a mongodb cluster for scaling out the database.  Basic installation instructions for Pulp 2.4.x can be found at https://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installation.html.  With Pulp 2.4 you would have a single pulp configuration (multiple apache servers & load balancer) in each region and then use Pulp Nodes to sync information between regions.

Regards,
Barnaby