[Pulp-list] pulp clustering / HA

Barnaby Court bcourt at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 14:39:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

With Pulp 2.3.x the scenario you described sounds about right.  The database could be clustered but the Pulp 2.3.x server does not support clustering.  With Pulp 2.4.x (currently in Beta, getting close to Release Candidate) are much closer to supporting true active/active HA.  The primary functionality of the pulp server has been split out into components (web server, generic worker, resource manager, and scheduler) that are hanging off of a message bus.  You can run as many web servers & worker as you like.  Only one resource manager and scheduler can be run at a given time.  A non pulp service could be used to monitor and start new copies of those services if your primary server dies.  More details on the upcoming 2.4 installation & configuration can be found at https://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/installation.html.

-Barnaby