[Pulp-list] Repo configured to use SHA checksums, but uploaded packages still get SHA256

Christina Plummer cplummer at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:42:14 UTC 2014

On Pulp 2.1.3, I had run into issues with sha256 checksums being created
for some of the repo metadata files, even though the repo was configured to
use sha instead.

On Pulp 2.3.1, this seems to have been fixed... however, I am now seeing
that packages manually uploaded into a repo are still getting a sha256
checksum in the repodata, which means that RHEL5/OL5 clients can't handle
them.  Packages that were synced, or copied from another repository, have
the correct checksum type.

OS: RHEL 6.5 x86_64
Pulp: 2.3.1-1 (RPMs from Pulp repo)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Created "live" repo fed from Oracle public yum repositories,
checksum-type=sha, retain-old-count=1
2. Created "q1" repo, checksum-type=sha
3. Copied rpms from "live" to "q1
4. Deleted "known-broken" versions of oracle-validated-1.1.0 package
5. Uploaded "known-working" version of oracle-validated-1.0.0 package
6. Published repo.  Every package except for oracle-validated-1.0.0 has a
'sha' checksum; oracle-validated-1.0.0 alone has a 'sha256' checksum.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,
Christina