[Pulp-list] unit association attributes

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 15:24:43 UTC 2014

In order to better understand the goal and to come up with a solution that will be valuable for common use cases, can you elaborate on why you would want a description (or other metadata field) to be different from one repo to another?

I'm wondering if the best approach will be to push data the other direction; to come up with a more general storage solution where multiple unique units might be able to reference the same file. We have other use cases for wanting additional/better storage options, so this might be a natural fit for that work. This would let relationship objects continue to only store data about the relationship itself, but brings up new questions of how to define uniqueness among units.

Michael