[Pulp-list] PulpDataException with pulp-admin rpm repo update

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 20:23:45 UTC 2014

Ashby, Jason (IMS) wrote:
>    File
> "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pulp_rpm/repo_auth/protected_repo_utils.py",
> line 155, in save
>
>      f = open(self.filename, 'w')
>
> PulpDataException: Pulp exception occurred: PulpDataException

Hi Jason,

This permission denied error is actually a Linux permission denied on
your protected repos file. In /etc/pulp/repo_auth.conf, there should be
a setting in the [repos] section for protected_repo_listing_file. Apache
will need write permissions to that path. Can you check the permissions?

If the permissions are not solid, can you comment back on whether you
have adjusted FS permissions, or whether these are the stock
permissions? It's possible that our spec file has these permissions wrong.

Also, it would be helpful if you could file a bug on the error reporting
here. It wasn't easy to determine what was causing the problem!

--
Randy Barlow
Raleigh, NC, USA