[Pulp-list] pulp supporting automated deployment/test scenarios?
david at dasz.at
Fri May 9 09:28:05 UTC 2014
I'm currently evaluating pulp as a yum repo backend for a Scientific
Linux cluster and several other groups of machines. The setup is puppet
and foreman based. Development is done in local vagrant boxes.
Using vagrant, I expect regular turn-over of consumers. I gather that
pulp-consumer always has to register with the server first using
username/password and it seems to me that unregistering the client is a
I've got several questions I was unable to answer from reading the
- Is there a way to use pulp repositories without registration?
- If not, is there a way to timeout registrations easily, so the
server is not home to a huge number of zombies?
- If not, how would kickstarting against a pulp repository work?
- Is it possible to use duplicate consumer-ids (concurrently)?
- Will pulp-admin rpm repo copy rpm also remove RPMs that are not
available at --from-repo-id anymore?
- Does the RPM provider also synchronize the images/ directory
required for kickstarting?
Thanks for your time, David
More information about the Pulp-list