[Pulp-list] Docs Organization Proposal

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 16:09:57 UTC 2014

Our master branch currently has two top level sections in the docs: User
Guide and Developer Guide[0]. I propose that we reorganize the docs to
represent each type of person who might work with Pulp. I can think of
four offhand: administrators, users, integrators (API users), and
contributors (devs).

We could split the user guide in two, with one half targeting
installation and configuration (an Administrator Doc). The remaining
half would be targeting users of an installed Pulp (User Doc).

I think it would also be good to split the Developer Guide in two: an
Integrator Doc and a Contributor Doc. I think this will make it easier
for each type of user to find what they are looking for.

In short, this:

- User Guide
- Developer Guide

would become this: