[Pulp-list] 404 errors in /var/log/pulp/pulp.log for .treeinfo

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 14:05:26 UTC 2014

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the note. I see this all the time in my Pulp logs in 2.4+ also. I believe a .treeinfo file is used for bootable installation trees. They define the location of the kernel and the ramdisks to start the installer from. Not all repositories have these files, but for correctness Pulp tries to fetch it everytime in case it is not there.

Given that information, can you think a way for us to improve this either through documentation or logging behavior changes?

-Brian