[Pulp-list] pulp-manage-dbl sasl negotiation failed

ben.stanley at exemail.com.au ben.stanley at exemail.com.au
Thu Nov 27 05:47:59 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to set up a pulp server, according to the instructions at

http://pulp-user-guide.readthedocs.org/en/pulp-2.4/installation.html

I am working on RHEL7 Workstation x86_64.

I am trying to use authentication for qpid messaging. I made the following
changes (after unraveling some curly documentation):

/etc/sasl2/qpidd.conf
    much_list: DIGEST-MD5

/etc/qpid/qpidd.conf
    auth=yes
    realm=QPID

/etc/pulp/server.conf
    broker_url: paid://user:password@localhost/

I also configured the sasl password:

saslpasswd2 -f /var/lib/qpidd/qpidd.sasldb -u QPID user

I have started the following services, and verified that they are running:
mongod qpidd

The problem comes about at the step of initializing pulp's database:

sudo -u apache pulp-manage-db
Content types loaded.
Ensuring the admin role and user are in place.
Admin role and user are in place.
Beginning database migrations.
Applying pulp.server.db.migrations.0009_qpid_queues failed.

Halting migrations due to a migration failure.  See log for details.
sasl negotiation failed: no mechanism agreed

I need some help to diagnose the problem so that I can complete this step.
There is nothing important in the database yet, so it is acceptable to
erase it and start again (if I knew how).

Thanks,
Ben Stanley