[Pulp-list] Pulp on port different than 80

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 18:12:50 UTC 2014

On 10/30/2014 01:48 PM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> Is it possible to run Pulp on different port than 80? (e.g. 81) And make
> it available to localhost?
> I want to run on 80 different web server, which is better for serving
> static content.
>
> I am afraid that I know the answer because of hardcoded port numbers in
> some files, so it is merely question, what is recommended set up if I
> want to use lighttpd or nginx for serving static files?

I've never tried this, but I would say that if it can't be done that
it's a bug and we should fix it. I'd love it if you would try it out and
report bugs if there are areas of Pulp that are hardcoding ports. And
who knows, maybe it'll work!

In general, I'd like us to pay some more attention to being a little
less httpd centric and focus more on the application itself rather than
the deployment of it. This will help users who want to use different web
servers or OSes to serve Pulp.

Thanks for the question!