[Pulp-list] [devel] 2.5.x branches

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 14:29:54 UTC 2014

Hi Pulp developers! I have just created our 2.5.x branches for us to
work in. Below, I will list each of our branches of importance, and what
they are for. Feel free to ask questions if you need clarification!

2.4-testing
This branch is currently where all 2.4.1 bugs should be branched from
and merged into. Currently there are only two outstanding bugs for this
release. After you merge into this branch, you must merge it all the way
forward. For this branch, this is a lot of merging. You must merge
2.4-testing into 2.4-dev. Then you must merge 2.4-dev into 2.5-testing.
Then you must merge 2.5-testing into 2.5-dev. Then you must merge
2.5-dev into master. This will prevent us from making a 2.4.1 release
with a bug fix that is not present in 2.5.0 or master. Got it? ☺

2.4-dev
This branch is still ongoing for our 2.4.z (where z > 2) release stream.
Any bugs you work on that are for a 2.4.z (z > 2) release should branch
from here, and merge into here. Again, you must merge this forward to
all future releases. Merge 2.4-dev into 2.5-testing. Then you must merge
2.5-testing into 2.5-dev. Then you must merge 2.5-dev into master.

2.5-testing
This branch is where all 2.5.0 bugs should be branched from and merged
into. Pay attention to the target release on the bugs you are working
on. Today, many of them will be moved to 2.5.1. Those should not be
merged into here. You must merge forward these commits to all future
releases. Merge 2.5-testing into 2.5-dev. Then you must merge 2.5-dev
into master.

2.5-dev
This branch is where all 2.5.z (z > 0) bugs should be branch from and
merged into. All commits on this branch must be merged forward to master.

master
This branch is for new feature development. Any work you are doing that
adds a new feature or changes an API must be branched from and merged
into master.