[Pulp-list] Pulp nightly RPM builds wanted

Ivan Necas inecas at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 11:48:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

With the ongoing docker integration, AFAIK we are currently in state,
where Katello devs. to be able to start working on it,
need to run Pulp from sources. I guess that applies also
for others that would like to get their hands dirty with the latest/greates
Pulp features.

This is suboptimal, as:

  1. setting up the dev-setup might be quite frustrating, especially
     for non-python developers. (maybe you think it's just ok, but trust me, it's not:)

  2. the production-related issues are being postponed to later development
     stages, which leads to instabilities being discovered too late as well.

Are there any plans for enhancing the situation: I would be more than happy
with automated builds every night based on master branch. I also believe that
this could help with better stability of pulp as well as the projects that
build on top of it.

-- Ivan