[Pulp-list] Identifying RPM packages associated with errata

Paul Urwin me at paulurwin.com
Thu Sep 11 09:45:44 UTC 2014

Hello

I am trying to identify RPM packages in a repo associated with security
errata.

I can see on the recipes page that I can search errata for 2014 like so:

# pulp-admin rpm repo content errata --match Type=security
--repo-id=rhel6-os2  --fields=id,type,severity --filters='{"issued":
{"$gte": "2014-01-01"},"type": "security"}'

(Note that the recipes page says you can use --match type=security ... but
that doesn't do anything, I had to use the filters field to specify type:
security)

This returns a list of security errata, but does not list any associated
package names, I can't see a field for package name, how can I identify
this?

Additionally I tried to copy these errata from the repo into a temporary
repo, thinking that this would copy the relevant RPMs into my new repo, but
that was a misconception on my part as it seems to have only copied errata
data, not associated packages.

There seems to be a gap in the Pulp documentation in this area, I can't
find any real explanation of the relationship between errata and packages
(or if there is a page I'd be grateful to be pointed to it!)

How do I identify packages associated with errata?

Thanks!

Paul