[Pulp-list] [devel] github branch pruning

Randy Barlow rbarlow at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 14:49:10 UTC 2014

Hey Pulp People!

I've noticed that we have a lot of stale branches on github. Could each
of you check out the branches that github thinks are stale, and delete
them if you think they don't need to be there anymore?

https://github.com/pulp/pulp/branches/stale
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_puppet/branches/stale
https://github.com/pulp/pulp_rpm/branches/stale

Also, I've personally been making an effort to work more out of rbarlow
forks instead of making branches in the upstream repo. It might be worth
considering trying that too. It has a few benefits:

1) You don't have to put your name in the branch anymore because it's
part of your own namespace.
2) It avoids having so many branches on upstream, leaving only the ones
that are "official".
3) You earn some additional git street cred ☺