[Pulp-list] [devel] Is master going to be 2.6 or 3.0 (an API change question)?

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Wed Sep 24 13:51:52 UTC 2014

> I don't think it's time to decide whether we do 2.6 or 3.0 next.

I agree it's not, but is it time to track work for a Y release separate from an X release? I think it is.

> I think
> that the best solution is to make a high priority bug to remove the
> duplicate data and assign it a target release of 3.0.0 (this already
> exists as I requested it recently) so we don't forget it.

This is a fine way to handle this BZ; I'll create the BZ and put a target release of 3.0.0.

Even so, we should track the work for X and Y releases separately by creating a 2.6-dev branch and letting master be 3.0. There really isn't a downside except one additional merge, but I think it's worth it. The upside is we can always check in work when we need to, where we need to, and allow X and Y releases to mature until they are ready to be released. That seems worth the cost of one additional merge. What do you think?