[Pulp-list] repomd.xml creation

Swartz, Patrick Patrick.Swartz at tyson.com
Fri Apr 3 15:59:32 UTC 2015

Hello,
I'm new to Pulp and trying to learn under the gun as it were...
Goal - to use Pulp to sync our RHN channels (including Errata) to be the repo(s) for SUSE Manager/Spacewalk.
Problem that I've ran into is that the spacewalk-repo-sync fails because the pulp repo doesn't create a 'repomd.xml' file for the tree.  Am I doing something wrong? Is there another switch I need to add to the create command?

Here is the error I get from the spacewalk server -

['/usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync', '--channel', 'rhel-6-server', '--type', 'yum', '--non-interactive', '']

RepoError: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rhel-6-server. (failure: repodata/repomd.xml from rhel-6-server: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.) Please verify its path and try again

Here are the commands I used to create/publish the repo -
pulp-admin rpm repo create --repo-id=rhel-6-server --feeds=https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/6/6Server/x86_64/os --feed-ca-cert=/etc/rhsm/ca/redhat-uep.pem --feed-cert=/etc/pki/entitlement/9155491768266904137.pem --feed-key=/etc/pki/entitlement/9155491768266904137-key.pem

pulp-admin rpm repo sync run --repo-id=rhel-6-server
pulp-admin rpm repo publish run --repo-id=rhel-6-server

Or, do I need to find the physical path and run the createrepo command manually? If so, what path do I use/what directory would I run the createrepo against?

I'm running pulp 2.6.0-1.el6 on a RHEL6.6 x86_64 server.

Thanks for your help,

Patrick