[Pulp-list] does pulp require a repomd.xml file to sync

Barnaby Court bcourt at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 15:46:31 UTC 2015

Hi Patrick,

Pulp requires a valid Yum repository for syncing. This means that a repomd.xml and all the associated files must be present for Pulp to sync. For your immediate issue I would recommend either 1) rsyncing the individual RPM files locally and creating a repo using createrepo then pointing Pulp at the output or 2) point Pulp at the yum repositories provided by repoforge instead of the individual package rpms. If you really do require the ability for Pulp to upload from a loose directory of RPMs you could open a feature request at https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp_rpm and it will be considered for a future release of Pulp. Regards,

-Barnaby