[Pulp-list] Pointing Spacewalk to Pulp

JP jjpeery at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:22:29 UTC 2015

Good Morning,
  I just starting working with Pulp, and one of the folks I work with asked
if it is possible to point Spacewalk to use Pulp, basically as a repo, but
use Spacewalk for it's ability to check differences between servers and
bring any out of conformity to the same. They asked me to set up Pulp as a
way to manage various repos, specifically varying versions for varying
architectures, that is, a single place to point, locally within our
internal network, that could house, for example, a RHEL 5, RHEL 6, and RHEL
7.  It's been some time since I worked with Spacewalk, and don't remember
the exact functionality that it provides.  Anyway, thought I'd throw it to
the list to see.  Honestly, I thought Spacewalk was basically the same
thing as Pulp, but I guess it didn't fit the need here for managing varying
releases and architectures.  Perhaps this is functionality the Pulp
provides and I am getting off on the wrong path to begin with, but I think
essentially they wanted to use Spacewalk to align various servers through
comparison, to the same, and the reporting functionality that would show
which servers don't match, etc.  Am I in left field about all this?
Thanks,
Jason