[Pulp-list] Local Pulp server for client app development?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:56:38 UTC 2015

On 24 August 2015 at 08:56, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> 4. After the failed run with a non-absolute path, it's now stuck at
> "waiting for mongodb", and Ctrl-C doesn't work to terminate the
> script. The current output is:
>
> ===================================
> Launching in /home/ncoghlan/fedoradevel/_storage/pulp
> db
> db already exists
> qpid
> qpid already exists
> chown: changing ownership of '/var/lib/pulp': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create directory '/var/lib/pulp/celery': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create directory '/var/lib/pulp/published': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create directory '/var/lib/pulp/static': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create directory '/var/lib/pulp/uploads': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create directory '/etc/pulp/content': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pulp/repo_auth.conf': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create directory '/etc/pulp/server': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pulp/server.conf': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create directory '/etc/pulp/vhosts80': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pki/pulp/ca.crt': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pki/pulp/ca.key': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create directory '/etc/pki/pulp/content': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pki/pulp/rsa.key': Permission denied
> cp: cannot create regular file '/etc/pki/pulp/rsa_pub.key': Permission denied
> waiting for mongodb
> waiting for mongodb

I tracked down the culprit for the permission denied errors, and
they're SELinux related:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24288616/permission-denied-on-accessing-host-directory-in-docker

Mounting the volumes with the ":Z" suffix allowed the container to
access them appropriately.

Unfortunately, I still end up stuck waiting for mongodb. I even tried
"sudo setenforce 0" and still get stuck there. I'll keep digging :)

Cheers,
Nick.