[Pulp-list] Viewing a fresh list of all cdn.redhat.com protected repos

Kodiak Firesmith kfiresmith at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 19:51:03 UTC 2015

Hello Pulp folks,
I followed the recipe for syncing a protected repo using the feed listed in
the example* (
https://cdn.redhat.com/content/dist/rhel/server/6/6Server/x86_64/os), to
which I received the error: "Task Failed - Error retrieving metadata: Not
found".  This led me down the road of trying to verify such a path still
exists - work that I needed to do anyhow - and try to get a fresh list of
cdn.redhat.com repos via my  downloaded entitlement certificate.  The
problem I ran into is that I can't figure out the right openssl command to
view the full contents of the downloaded entitlement cert
(<longstring>.pem).  The entitlement cert has the following blocks:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN ENTITLEMENT DATA-----
-----END ENTITLEMENT DATA-----
-----BEGIN RSA SIGNATURE-----
-----END RSA SIGNATURE-----
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

I'm guessing the list of repo paths I need are all embedded within
"{BEGIN,END} ENTITLEMENT DATA", but thus far I've not figured out how to
decrypt it.

I tried splitting out the RSA private key block into a file
(entitlement.key) and the entitlement data block into entitlement-data.pem,
then run:

openssl enc -in entitlement-data.pem  -out entitlement-binary -d -a
openssl rsautl -decrypt -in entitlement-binary -out plaintext -inkey
entitlement.key
...but that doesn't work and it's just something I found via google so I
could be way off.

So anyhow - does anyone have the details on how to get a listing of all the
cdn.redhat.com feed paths for Pulp?

Thanks!
 - Kodiak

*