[Pulp-list] Pulp repository - Consumer Group and Repository Group

Vijayabalan Balakrishnan bvijaycom at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:37:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have implemented pulp infrastructure based on the following scenario's.

1. Pulp server - bserver1.example.com [getting update from origin feed]
2. Pulp Server & Admin Client  - bserver2.example.com [getting update from
parent pulp server that is bserver1]
3. Pulp Consumer/Client  - bclient.example.com

I have created the following 3 repositories and one consumer group and
synced with upstream repository from internet. Now 3 repositories
configured and published with all rpms. Now i have registered
bclient.example.com client with pulp server. I have installed one package
also via pulp from pulp master and got installed successfully.

As per my understanding through pulp we can save huge space for all
repositories and avoid duplication.

Pulp's usage model involves syncing multiple up-stream repositories
locally; these repositories can then be cloned, which uses hard links to
sync them locally with almost no disk space used. This allows us to sync a
repository once, then duplicate it as many times as necessary to support
multiple teams and multiple stability levels.
Can anyone suggest me the good link to understand the directory structure
and the purpose behind it in order to design well for multiple repository
infrastructure to save disk space.

Please help me on this...

Thanks,
BVIJAY