[Pulp-list] While cloning from parent repo - how to verify and ensure the new repo contents are exact copy of parent repo

Vijayabalan Balakrishnan bvijaycom at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 19:18:51 UTC 2015

*Creating the snapshot from parent repository*

Parent Repo Name - *rhel7-parent*

I have created *rhel7-parent* and synced with rhn redhat through sync
commands.
Snapshot Name - *rhel7-snapshot*

*Create Empty repo First without any parent feed*

# pulp-admin rpm repo create --repo-id=rhel7-snapshot

*Copy all content(or) clone from master to clone (No parent Feed / Snapshot
)*

# pulp-admin rpm repo copy rpm --from-repo-id=rhel7-parent
--to-repo-id=rhel7-snapshot

The above command will create snapshot (at that point of time) from
rhel7-parent repository without any feed association.So the following sync
command wont work.

# pulp-admin rpm repo sync run --repo-id 1Q2015-dev-rhel6

Now my question is how can we be sure when we create the clone, ALL files
were copied ? When I created the repos with feed I had to sync several
times before it ends successfully, I believe it is a bug, but at least we
can verify that the new repo is an exact copy of the parent repo.
Also while creating the snapshot (without feed option),how can we ensure
all the rpm's were copied in the new snapshot repo ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
BVIJAY