[Pulp-list] Mongo DB backup and Restore -

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 20:04:32 UTC 2015

Hi BVIJAY,

Pulp currently recommends only doing offline backups. Those docs are at the link you referenced. Pulp needs the Mongo database to be consistent. Online backups or hot backups while allowing Pulp to continue reading and writing to/from MongoDB may be possible, but that is specific to MongoDB, not Pulp. To look into that, talk with the MongoDB community (IRC or mailing list) and they may be able to point you in the right direction. If you learn something useful, please let the Pulp community know.

Similarly for the restore operation. Restoring a database is really a MongoDB specific operation so I recommend talking with the MongoDB community about that question also.

-Brian