[Pulp-list] Using Pulp in a server-only configuration?

Mathew Crane mathew.crane at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 21:04:01 UTC 2015

In my environment, it doesn't really make sense to have a single point
propagating changes to numerous hosts. Instead we'd opt to have the
consumers pull down from the Pulp server manually. I understand that this
hides a portion of Pulp's featureset (consumer management and reporting)
but what I'm more interested in is the ability to manually 'promote'
packages into different repos with required or updated deps on the server.
Is there any downside to keeping the consumers 'dumb' and hitting the
Pulp-managed repositories manually via standard /etc/yum.repos.d/*.conf
files?